Verathon BladderScan BVI 3000 Bladder Scanner Features
The Verathon BladderScan BVI 3000 Bladder Scanner is a portable, 3D ultrasound instrument that quickly, accurately, and noninvasively measures urinary bladder volume and post-void residual (PVR). It is battery-operated, easy-to-use, and quickly provides accurate results. In less than 5 minutes, you can use the Verathon BVI 3000 to obtain a precise reading of a patient’s bladder volume. The BVI 3000 supplies information that caregivers need to diagnose, treat and manage urinary conditions.
This BladderScan has clinical applications in various disciplines, from private practice to acute and extended care. When you use the BladderScan, you can be confident that you’re providing your patients with the best care available.
The BVI 3000 calculates bladder volume using patented VMODE technology. Volume measurements made with VMODE ultrasound are more accurate than those from conventional 2-dimensional ultrasound, as they are based on a more complex, 3-dimensional image of the bladder.
VMODE ultrasound is easy to use and comfortable for the patient. When you press the scan button, within seconds, the VMODE technology measures ultrasonic reflections on multiple planes inside the body and produces a 3-dimensional image. Based on this image, the BVI 3000 calculates and displays the bladder volume, and displays multiple B-mode images.
- LCD screen displays bladder position and volume; aiming icon assists in proper probe placement.
- 3D display shows the bladder in 2 cross-sectional images to verify an accurate scan.
- Easy-to-print exam results for patient records or reimbursement procedures.
- Helps document cost savings and catheterizations-prevented based on user-determined statistical input.
- Noninvasively measures bladder volume and post-void residual (PVR).
- Helps assess urinary retention and postoperative urinary retention (POUR).
- Helps prevent unnecessary catheterization and unnecessary trauma to patients.
- Helps reduce rates of catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI).
- Helps evaluate many common urological conditions:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Bladder outlet obstruction (BOO).
- Overactive bladder (OAB).
- Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).
- Helps differentiate between types of incontinence.
- Helps monitor intermittent catheterization.
- Improves the efficiency of healthcare professionals by reducing costs and saving staff time.
Verathon BladderScan BVI 3000 Bladder Scanner Specifications
- Height: 2.75” (7 cm)
- Width: 9” (23 cm)
- Depth: 11.25” (32 cm)
- Weight: >5 lbs (>2.7 kg)
Bladder Volume Range
- 0 to 999 ml
- The following accuracy specification assumes usage per instructions, scanning a Verathon Inc.
- Tissue Equivalent Phantom: 0 to 699 ml ± 20%, ± 20 ml; 700 to 999 ml ± 25%, ± 25 ml
- Less than 5 seconds
- 7.2v NiMH battery pack
- Six hours continuous use on one charge
- Displays battery low message when the battery is low
- Liquid Crystal
- Temporal Average Power: 1 mW maximum
- Focal 20 dB Beam-Area: 1.4 cm2
- Transducer Dimension: 3 mm diameter
- Working Frequency: 2 MHz
- Peak Instantaneous Intensity: 14 W/cm2 maximum
- Pulse Repetition Frequency: 180 pulses/second
- Scan angle: 120 degrees
- Mode: Vmode (multiple, aligned B-mode images)
- Temperature: 50° F to 104° F (+10° C to +40° C)
- Humidity: 30% to 75%, non-condensing
- Operating temperature 10 to 40°C (50 to 104°F)
- Transient overvoltage Category II Pollution degree II
- Atmospheric pressure 700 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Relative humidity 30 to 75%, non-condensing
- Ventilation The power supply is designed to operate with free air convection.
- Earth terminal The earth terminal provided in this unit is a functional earth terminal, as indicated by the ground symbol on the unit. It is not utilized in the power supply to provide earth protection. Various ground options are available upon request.
- Fuses The fuses used in the power supply are rated at 250 VAC, 2 A, quick acting
- Battery type Rechargeable nickel–metal hydride (NiMH)
- Nominal voltage 7.2 V
- Battery service life >500 cycles (IEC standard), approximately 2 years at 5 cycles per week
- Charging time and conditions 160 mA for 16 hours at 20°C (68°F)
- Rated capacity 1.6 Ah
- Charging voltage 9–32 V DC source
- Max weight 195 g (0.43 lbs)
- Width 61 mm (2.4 in)
- Length 59 mm (2.3 in)
- Height 36 mm (1.4 in)