Verathon BladderScan BVI 9400 Features
The Verathon Bladderscan BVI 9400 is a portable ultrasound that provides a noninvasive measurement of urinary bladder volume. The Bladderscan 9400 is integrated with patented NeuralHarmoics technology. The 9400 consists of an ultrasound probe that scans the patient’s bladder, and a compact battery-operated console that provides an array of measurement-related information.
The BVI 9400 is noninvasive and comfortable for the patient. It is accurate, reliable, quick, and easy to use. When the operator releases the scan button, within seconds, the devices measures ultrasonic reflections on multiple planes inside the body and produces a 3D image. Based on this image, the Bladderscan device calculates and display the bladder volume. No sonographer is required when using the BVI 9400.
The Neural Harmonics technology in the Bladderscan BVI 9400, sharpens accuracy and accelerates the speed of measurement. Volume measurements that are made utilizing this technology are more accurate than those from a conventional 2D ultrasound, as they are based on more complex, a multifaceted image of the bladder. This technology applies a multi-spectral analysis to a robust data set, helping reduce the margin of error and minimize uncertainty in essential measurements of bladder function.
The measurements can be printed via an onboard printer, or be transmitted using HIPAA-compliant ScanPoint technology for storage and archiving on Verathon servers. Stored exams can be accessed at any time on your office’s computer for viewing or printing. ScanPoint with QuickPrint allows the user to archive data, calibrate the device, update software, print, and transfer data through a web-based interface.
- Precision aiming ability via console or probe.
- Voice-annotate exams to ensure valuable patient/exam data is retained.
- On-board printer for patient records or reimbursement procedures.
- View and save exams easily, creating EMRs for your patients.
- Maybe calibrated online.
Verathon BladderScan BVI 9400 Specifications
- Height: 3 – 10.5″ (7.62 – 26.67cm)
- Width: 8.75″ (22.23cm)
- Depth: 12.5″ (31.75cm)
- Weight (With battery): 5.2 lbs (2.36kg)
- International Electrotechnical Commission: EN/IEC 60601-1 Amendments 1 and 2 and EN/IEC 60601-1-2 (EMC)
- Safety Standard: EN/IEC 60601-2
- Medical Device Directive: MDD 93/42/EEC Annex 1
- Canadian Standards Association: C22.2 No. 601.1-M90 (Master Contract No. 177198)
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.: UL 60601-1
- Height: 3.99″ (10.13cm)
- Width: 5.26″ (13.36cm)
- Resolution: 640 x 480, 120 dpi
- Input: Lithium-Ion Battery Pack. Verathon P/N 0400-0066
- Output: No load to full load at rated voltage. Refer to unit label
- Insulation: The power supply is Class I with basic insulation to each terminal
- Transient Overvoltage: Category II
- Integrated printer: Thermal label printer
Ultrasound Output Parameters
- Maximum ultrasound Ispta during a scan: ≤ 5.0 m W/cm2
- Maximum ultrasound Isppa during a scan: ≤ 60.0 W/cm2
- Maximum MI (Mechanical Index): .95 max
- Transducer diameter: 13 mm (0.512 inches)
- Transducer resonant frequency: 3.0 MHz and 1.74 MHz
- Transducer bandwidth: 75% at 10 dB
- Time from 3D scan initiation to result in a display: < 3 seconds
- Penetration depth (in a normal North American patient): ≥ 15 cm
- Bladder volume accuracy: ± 15%, ± 15 ml (on a Verathon tissue-equivalent phantom)
- Bladder volume range: 0 – 999 ml (0-200ml in small child scan mode)
- Use: Indoor
- Ambient Temperature Range: +10 – +40º Celsius (+50 – +104º Fahrenheit)
- Atmospheric pressure range: 700 hPa – 1060 hPa
- Relative humidity: 30% – 75% non-condensing
- Water resistance: Rated at IPX1 (indicates DRIP-PROOF, a higher than ORDINARY level of protection from drips, leaks, and spills)
- Storage: Indoor
- Ambient Temperature Range: -20 – +60º Celsius (-4 – +140º Fahrenheit)
- Atmospheric pressure range: 500 hPa – 1060 hPa
- Relative humidity: 20% – 95% non-condensing
- Battery type: Lithium Ion
- Battery life: A fully charged battery can provide approximately 30 exams within a 24-hour period
- Charging time: Charging time offline will take no more than six hours from an empty battery to a full charge