Medtronic NIM-Response 2.0 Features
The Medtronic NIM-Response 2.0 is a four-channel EMG monitor for intraoperative use during surgeries in which a motor nerve is at risk due to unintentional manipulation. The NIM-Response 2.0 records electromyographic (EMG) activity from muscles innervated by the affected nerve. This monitor will assist early nerve identification by providing the surgeon with a tool to help located an identify the particular nerve at risk within a surgical field. It will continuously monitor EMG activity from the muscles innervated by the nerve at risk to minimize trauma by alerting the surgeon when a particular nerve has been activated.
- 4-channel EMG monitor that are individually and simultaneously selectable.
- High contrast digital color touch display.
- Increased sensitivity with reduced interference.
- Printable log of patient’s EMG activity.
- More sensitive to lower-level EMG activity with improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Quick setup.
Medtronic NIM-Response 2.0 Specifications
- Height: 10.6” (27 cm)
- Width: 12.2” (31 cm)
- Depth: 14.5” (37 cm)
- Weight: 18.7 lbs (8.5 kg)
- Type: High contrast, digital, graphic Color, visible in complete darkness.
- Resolution: Display 600H x 800W pixels, Touch Panel 256H x 256W
- Dedicated Function Event Touch Screen Controls: For Amplitude, Time Display and Capture.
- Vertical Display: 50, 200, 500 and 2,000 μV display modes.
- Event Capture: Enable/disable capture mode indicator on touch screen.
- Time Scale: 50ms or 10s display modes.
- Channels – 1 to 4: Individually and simultaneously selectable.
- Input Sensitivities: 5 – 10,000 μV peak-to-peak AC-coupled
- Sensitivity Selection: Automatically zeroed
- Bandpass: 100 Hz – 2 kHz EMG Display; 200 Hz – 3.2 kHz Audio EMG Speaker
- Input Noise: 5-11 μV p-p < 3 μV RMS @ DC – 4 Hz, inputs shorted
- Input Impedance: > 200 K Ohm ± 10%
- DC Offset Rejection: ± 0.540 V DC Rejection
- Common Mode Rejection: >90 dB @ 60 Hz, balanced inputs, >70 dB @ 60 Hz, 1 K
- Channel Enable/Disable Controls: Dedicated function touchpads for independent channel enable/disable.
- Event Threshold Control and Display: Adjustable Graduated Touch Bar with Voltage threshold displayed.
- Patient Isolation: 1,000 Vrms 60 Hz < 100 μA
- Control: Automatic CHECK ELECTRODE feature
- Measuring Signal: 20 μA peak-to-peak, 60 Hz Square wave
- Measurement Range: 0-200 K Ohm ± 10%
Artifact Detection and Rejection
- Stimulus Artifact: Synchronized and adjustable muting.
- Electrocautery Interference: Automatic detection, muting and warning.
- Electrode Lead Off: Automatic detection, muting and warning.
- Stimulus Type Constant: Constant Current
- Stimulus Range: 0-30 mA, maximum 120 V compliance
- Stimulus Control: Digitally controlled, range – dependent adjustment increments of .01, .05, 1.0 and 5.0 mA.
- Stimulus Output Accuracy: ± .02 mA (or ± 5% of reading at 1K load) over Stimulus Range.
- Stimulus Adjustment: Graduated Touch Screen Control with display of command current and delivered current.
- Stimulus Measurement Accuracy: ± .02 mA (or ± 5% of reading at 1K load) over Stimulus Range.
- Internal Fuse: 32 mA Type F, 250V 5 x 20mm (It must be Xomed # 8250615, other similar fuses may not give the same degree of protection.
- Waveform: Monophasic, square pulse
- Duration: Software selectable, 50, 100, 150, 200 or 250 μs
- Rise Time: Less than 20 μs
- Rate: Software selectable, 1, 4, 7, or 10 Hz
- Stimulus Probe: Monopolar (standard) or bipolar
I / O – Printer Output / Disk Drive Output
- Printer Interface: Hewlett-Packard: Model: DeskJet 5650 printer.
- Connection: Centronics Parallel 36-pin female or USB (2)
- Interface: VGA Compatible, 800 x 600 resolution
- Connection: 15-pin HD
- Input Voltage: 100V, 120V, 220V, and 230-240V ± 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 47 W Nominal, <70 W Peak
- Auxiliary AC output: 250 VA Max.
- Line Isolation: 4000 V Peak-to-Peak 60 Hz dielectric withstand from Line
- Internal Fuse: 5 x 20mm, 4Amp, 250V, Quick-acting, Low breaking capacity, Xomed Part # 11270037. Order 8250614 Fuse Kit for replacements.