Infrasonics Infant Star 950 Features
The Nellcor Puritan Bennett Infrasonics Infant Star 950 and 500 is a continuous flow, high frequency ventilator. The system also offers timed cycles and pressure limits. If offers ventilation modes including CPAP and IMV. The Infrasonics Infant Star 950 and 500 both run on the same identical operating system. The Infant Star was designed to support the ventilation of neonatal and pediatric patients that weigh less than 40 lbs (18kg). The Adjustable flow for the ventilator ranges from 4 to 40 Peters per minute with an additional background flow ranging from 2 to 30 liters per minute.
The System runs off a dual microprocessor, where one controls the ventilation functions and the other provides the display information. by having two microprocessors, the system can continuously check to detect malfunctions and still run if something is detected. The Infrasonics infant star ventilator offers comprehensive monitoring with a built-in alarm system to alert of ventilation changes in the patient.
- Neonatal and pediatric patients.
- Unique blender calibrated from 21 to 100% to help reduce gas waste.
- RS-232 computer interface or monitor connection to collect ventilator information.
- Dual microprocessors to control ventilator operation and display information.
Infrasonics Infant Star 950 Specifications
- Height: 16.25” (41 cm)
- Width: 11.25” (29 cm)
- Depth: 19.25” (49 cm)
- Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Pressure-Controlled Modes: Assist/Control; SIMV; CPAP/BACKUP (these require Star Sync); IMV; CMV, CPAP
- Flow-controlled modes: CMV (optional); SIMV
- Combined modes: HFV, HFV + IMV
- Pressure: Rectangular
- Flow: Rectangular
Operating Range of Controls
- Ventilator Rate: 1 to 150 bpm
- PIP (Peak Inspiratory Pressure): 5 to 90 cmH2O
- PEEP/CPAP: 0 to 24 cmH2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.1 to 3.0 seconds
- Flow Rate (Mandatory Breath): 4 to 40 Lpm
- Background Flow: 2 to 32 Lpm (demand system provides up to 40 Lpm total flow
- Proximal Airway Pressure: -10 to 120 cmH2O
- Mean Airway Pressure: 0 to 99.9 cmH2O
- I:E Ratio: 1:0.1 to 1:99.9
- Expiratory Time: 0.2 to 59.9
- Duration Positive Pressure: Duration of positive pressure applied 1 cmH2O above baseline in seconds
- High-Frequency Rate: 2 to 22 Hz
- Amplitude: Measured HFV pulse pressure 0 to 160 cmH2O
Front Panel Controls
- Ventilator Settings
- Ventilator Rate
- PIP (Peak Inspiratory Pressure)
- Inspiratory Time
- Flow Rate (Mandatory Breath)
- Background Flow