Medtronic NIM-Response 3.0 Features
The Medtronic NIM-Response 3.0 system is used in a wide variety of applications including Intracranial, Extracranial, Intratemporal, Extratemporal, Neck Dissection, Thoracic Surgeries, lower and Upper Extremities, and Spinal procedures. The NIM system uses EMG activity from the patient’s muscles to monitor the nerves that could be at risk. By monitoring the patient’s nerves during procedures it can reduce the risk of damage during procedures.
The NIM System includes a color touch screen to make it easier to use. There are three individual modes and a customizable setting. The NIM-Response 3.0 can monitor up to four channels, or four individual nerve-muscle combinations at one time. The system USB port making it easy to transfer documents for storage in a medical facility.
- Monitors during bipolar cautery
- Artifact deletion Software
- Stim Bur integration for the Visao Drill
- Real-time continuous monitoring with the APS Electrode
- Control from the surgical Field
- Multiple USB ports for easy documentation
- Monitors up to four channels of nerve-muscle combinations at a time
- Frequently used in ENT surgery, skull-based, and head and neck procedures
Medtronic NIM-Response 3.0 Specifications
- Height: 33 cm
- Width: 30 cm
- Depth: 27 cm
- Weight: 6.8 kg
- Operating Temperature Range: 10 to 40 ºC (Operating)
- Humidity: 30-70% RH non-condensing
- Atmospheric Pressure range: 700 kPa to 1060 kPa
- Mode of Operation: Continuous duty
Transport and Storage Environment
- Shock and Vibration Verified to Standard ISTA 2A
- Ambient Temperature range: – 40 °C to + 70 °C
- Relative Humidity range: 10 % to 100 %, including condensation
- Atmospheric Pressure range: 500 kPa to 1060 kPa
- NIM-Response® 3.0 Ch. 1-4 NIM-Neuro® 3.0 1-8 Individually and simultaneously selectable.
- Input Sensitivities: 5 – 10,000 µV peak-to-peak AC-coupled
- Sensitivity Selection: Automatically zeroed
- Bandpass: 15 Hz – 1.85 kHz (± 3 db @ 500 Hz) EMG Display 200 Hz – 1.0 kHz (-6, +3 db @ 500 Hz) Audio EMG Speaker
- Input Noise: 3-14 µV p-p, < 5 µV RMS @ DC – 4 Hz, inputs shorted
- Input Impedance > 10 Meg Ohm
- DC offset Rejection ± 1.00 VDC Rejection
- Common Mode Rejection: >80 dB @ 60 Hz, balanced inputs, >66 dB @ 60 Hz, 1 KOhm imbalance
- Channel Enable/Disable Controls: Dedicated function touchpads for independent Ch. enable/disable.
- Event Threshold Control and Display: Adjustable Graduated Touch Bar with Voltage threshold displayed.
- Patient Isolation 1,000Vrms 60Hz < 100 µA
Display / Touchscreen
- Type: High contrast, digital, graphic Color, visible in complete darkness.
- Resolution: Display 1024 H x 768 W pixels, Touch Panel 256 H x 256 W
- Dedicated Function Event Touch Screen Controls: For Amplitude, Time Display, and Capture.
- Vertical Display: 20, 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 10,000, 50 K, and 100 KμV display modes.
- Event Capture: Enable/disable capture mode indicator on the touch screen.
- Time Scale: 25 mS, 50 mS, 100 mS or 20 S display modes.
- Input Voltage 100 V, 120 V
- Frequency 50/60 Hz
- Total Power Consumption: 62 W Nominal <78 W Peak (Total 33 W Console, 10 W Printer, and 19 W MiniScreen)
Auxiliary AC output (For Use With Approved NIM® Accessories Only): NIM® Printer Power Supply (# )150 VA Max.
- Line Isolation: 4000 V Peak-to-Peak 60Hz dielectric withstand from Line Connections to Signal Ground
- Internal Fuse 5 x 20 mm, 2.5 Amp, 250V, Time-lag, Low breaking capacity, Xomed Part # 11270068. Order 8253075 Fuse Kit for replacements.
- Patient Connections All patient probes and electrodes are Type BF applied parts
- Patient Isolation 90-264 Vrms 50-60 Hz < 100µA (Mains on applied part N.C.)
- Patient Connection Capacitance 100 pF +/- 30 % @ 1 kHz (All patient probes and electrodes combined to Safety GND)
- Interface: XVGA Compatible, 1024 x 768 resolution
- Connection: 15-pin HD
- Transducers: Built-in 3.0 x 3.0-inch speaker Piezoelectric Sounder
- Baseline Audio Sound Level .63 ± 4 db SPL C Weighted (30.5 cm)
- Change in Baseline with added Channels < ± 4 db SPL C Weighted (30.5 cm)
- Change in Baseline due to EMG and Tones > + 20 db SPL C Weighted (30.5 cm)
- Max Audio Sound Level 102 ± 4 dB SPL C Weighted (30.5 cm)
- EMG & Event Tone Signals: Continuously processed EMG and/or activity-level dependent event tones for each channel.
- Volume Preset and Limiter: Volume Power Up Pre-set Default and a Low Volume Limiter. Volume Presets for Main, Tones, Voices, and EMG Volumes
- “Current Delivered” Tone Signals: Signal occurs when 80% of the set current is measured over a range of 0.05-30 mA.
- Power-Down / Power-up Tone Constant Power-up / Decaying Power-down Tone
- Touch Screen Key Click: Selectable ON/OFF
- Connection: RCA Phone Jack
- Headphones: Impedance @1KHz is 25 Ω or greater SPL 107 ± 4 dB. Plug 3.5 mm Stereo Nickel Plated
- Headphone Output: 60 to 83 dB ± 6 dB SPL C- Weighted