The Philips Respironics BiPAP Focus is a non-invasive ventilator (NIV) that offers bi-level assistance ventilation to patients. This type of ventilation is specifically designed for facilities like hospitals. The assisted ventilation is suitable for patients with Obstructive sleep apnea, low acuity, and patients with respiratory insufficiency and distress. The BiPAP Focus is not a Critical care Ventilator. It is approved for acute, Sub-acute, and intra-hospital transport setting only. The BiPAP Focus comes with a standard alarm system and Auto-track Sensitivity that warn of triggers and different sensitivities that can change the breathing pattern of the patient and or cause ventilation leakage.
- Support for patients weighing over 66 lbs (30kg)
- Backup battery for continuous ventilation.
- Portable design for intra-hospital transport.
- Digital Auto-Trak adapts to patient changes.
- Large user-interface.
- Ideal for low-acuity environments.
- Auto-adaptive triggering and cycling thresholds.
Philips Respironics BiPAP Focus Specifications
- Height: 5.5” (14 cm)
- Width: 11.4” (29 cm)
- Depth: 14” (35.5 cm)
- Max Weight: 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- CPAP: 4-20 cmH2O
- EPAP: 4-25 cmH2O
- IPAP: 4-30 cmH2O
- Rise Time: 1-6 (1 = 0.1 s and 6 = 0.6 s)
- Rate: 1-30 BPM (accuracy: ±BPM or ±10% of setting)
- I-time: 0.5-0.3 s
- Ramp Time: 0-45 min
- Ramp Start: 4 cmH20 to EPAP
- Maximum Flow Capacity: 160 l/min
- Leak Compensation: Up to 60 l/min
- Patient Circuit Pressure: 0-35 cmH2O
- Rate Range: 0-99 BPM
- Estimated VT Range: 0-4000 ml
- Estimated MV Range: 0-99 l/min
- Patient Leak Range: 0-200 l/min
- Apnea Rate Range: 0-99 per hour
- High System Pressure: 5 cmH2O over target IPAP pressure
- Low System Pressure: 5 cmH2O under target EPAP pressure
- Apnea Range: 20, 40, 60 s or off
- Apnea Rate Range: 5, 10, 20 apneas per hour or off
- Nurse Call: Normally open, normally closed
- Input Rating: 100 VAC / 230VAC
- Battery Backup: 3.8 amp-hour (NiMH)
- Fuse: No replaceable fuse
- Nurse Call: 0.280 A (rated current); 250 V (rated voltage)