The Viasys Bird VIP is a ventilator for neonate and pediatric patients. The Viasys VIP provides controlled, assisted control, SIMV and, CPAP ventilation mode. The System offers responsiveness breath by breath, providing a higher level of accuracy and performance. Features of the ventilator include Flow Synchronization, Termination sensitivity, and a dual breathing type. This helps promote the synchrony of the patient as well as weaning. The Technology on the Viasys Bird VIP is continually checking the breathing patterns of the patient and evaluating to improve the ventilation and for the infant. It provides peak pressure up to 120 cmH20 and has a tidal volume range of 20 to 995 ml.
- Designed specifically for neonatal, infant, and pediatric patients.
- Electronically and pneumatically powered and microprocessor controlled.
- Can be time or volume cycled.
- Incorporates features like Flow Synchronization, Termination Sensitivity, and Dual Mode Breath Type to promote patient synchrony and facilitate weaning.
Viasys Bird VIP Specifications
Dimensions (Ventilator Only)
- Height: 12” (30.4 cm)
- Width: 15” (38.1 cm)
- Depth: 13” (33 cm)
- Max Weight: 39 lbs (17.5 kg)
- Pressure-Controlled Modes: SIMV (spontaneous breaths); ASSIST/CONTROL (inspiration)
- Flow-Controlled Modes: ASSIST/CONTROL; SIMV (mandatory breaths)
- Time-Cycled Modes: SIMV/CPAP; ASSIST/CONTROL
- Pressure: Rectangular; Flow: Rectangular
Operation Range of Controls
- Tidal Volume: 20 to 995 ml;
- Inspiratory Time: 0.10 to 3.00 sec;
- Breath Rate: 0 to 150 bmp;
- Time Cycled Flow: 3 to 40 lpm;
- Volume Cycled Flow: 3 to 100 lpm;
- Time Cycled High Pressure Limit: 2 to 80 cmH2O
- Volume Cycled High Pressure Limit: 3 to 120 cmH2O
- PEEP/CPAP: 0 to 24 cmH2O
- Assist Sensitivity: iFlow Triggered 0.2 to 5.0 lpm
- Pressure Triggered: 1 to 20 cmH2O
- Pressure Support: 1 to 50 cmH2O
- Termination Sensitivity: Time Cycled, Flow Synchronized 5% to 25% of Peak Flow
- Manual Breath: x1
- Percent: 21% to 100%
- -Pressure Relief: 0 to 130 ± 10 cmH20
- Pressure, Time, Manual
- Power: AC 110V/60Hz
- Also displays inspiratory time, I:E ratio, Patient Effort, Demand