Philips HeartStart FR2+ AED Features
The Philips HeartStart FR2+ is a compact, lightweight, portable, and battery powered automated external defibrillator (AED) that is designed for use by a trained responder to treat ventricular fibrillation (VF), the most common cause of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). The HeartStart FR2+ has a display screen in the center of the panel that provides text and incident information and has a status indicator that is always active, so you can tell at a glance if it has passed it last self-test. The FR2+ is available in two models, the M3860A and the M3861A. They share a set of basic features but the M3860A has a configurable ECG display on the screen and a configurable manual charge in advanced mode.
- Non-rechargeable long life lithium battery.
- Optional rechargeable battery (M3860A only).
- Adult and infant/child pads.
- Small and light design.
- SMART biphasic waveform.
Philips HeartStart FR2+ AED Specifications
- Height: 2.6 in. (6.6 cm)
- Width: 8.6 in. (21.8 cm)
- Depth: 8.6 in. (21.8 cm)
- Weight (With standard battery): 4.7 lbs (2.1 kg)
- Weight (With rechargeable battery): 4.5 lbs (2 kg)
- 12 VDC 4.2 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide
- Disposable, recyclable, long-life, primary cell
- Capacity: 300 shocks or 12 hours of operating time
- Shelf-Life: 5 Years
- Type: High-resolution backlight liquid crystal display (LCD)
- Height: 2.3 in. (5.8 cm)
- Width: 2.8 in. (7 cm)
- Display Range: Differential: ±2 mV full scale, nominal. (M3860A only)
- Sweep Speed: 23 mm/s nominal. (M3860A only)
- ECG Display: 3 second-segments displayed. (M3860A only)
- Frequency Response (bandwidth): Nondiagnostic rhythm monitor 1 Hz to 20 Hz (-3 dB), nominal.
- Sensitivity: 1.16 cm/mV, nominal.
- Heart Rate Displayed: 30 to 300 bpm, updated each analysis period. Displayed (M3860A only) during monitoring and advanced modes.
- Waveform: Biphasic truncated exponential. Waveform parameters are automatically adjusted as a function of patient defibrillation impedance.
- Energy: Using adult defibrillator pads: 150 J nominal (±15%) into a 50-ohm load. Using infant/child reduced-energy defibrillator pads: 50 J nominal (±15%) into a 50-ohm load.
- Charge Control: Controlled by Patient Analysis System for automated operation.
- Charge Time: Typically less than 10 seconds. Charge time increases at the end of battery life.
- Capacity: 8 hours of event and ECG data, or 60 minutes with voice recording.