Philips Heartstart FR2 Features
Heartstart FR2 provides emergency first responders with an effective means to treat victims in Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA). This lightweight, rugged and easy-to-use Automated External Defibrillator (AED) allows first responders to deliver lifesaving therapy as soon as they arrive on the scene. Its patented SMART™ Biphasic waveform is the most patient-friendly technology available today.
- Portable, light AED.
- Easy-to-use design and superior technology.
- Automatically performs self-tests, which results in very little maintenance.
- Internal memory stores summaries of information from incidents.
Philips Heartstart FR2 Specifications
- Size: 2.6” high x 8.6” wide x 8.6” deep (6.6 cm x 21.8 cm x 21.8 cm)
- Weight: ~4.7 lbs (2.1 kg)
- Biphasic truncated exponential.
- Waveform parameters are automatically adjusted as a function of patient defibrillation impedance.
- The FR2 delivers shocks to load impedances from 5 to 180 ohms.
- Adult pads: 150J nominal into a 50 ohm lead.
- Pediatric pads: 50J nominal into a 50 ohm lead.
- Controlled by patient analysis system for automated operation.
- Can be programmed for manual initiation using advanced mode.
- From shock advised < 10 seconds typical, including confirming analysis.
- Charge time increases near end of battery service life.
Shock-to-Shock Cycle Time
- < 20 seconds typical, including analysis, in AED mode.
Charge Complete Indicator
- Shock button flashes, audio tone sounds
Shock Delivery Vector
- Via adult defibrillation pads placed in the anterior-anterior (lead II) position or via pediatric attenuated defibrillation pads placed in the anterior-posterior position.
ECG Analysis System
- Evaluates impedance of defibrillation pads for proper contact with patient skin, and evaluates the ECG rhythm and signal quality to determine if a shock is appropriate.
Pace Maker Detection
- In advanced mode, on detection of pacemaker, provides screen display of Pace maker Detected alert.
- Pacemaker artifact is removed from the signal for rhythm analysis.
Monitored ECG Lead
- ECG information is received from adult defibrillation pads in anterior-anterior (lead II) position or from pediatric attenuated pads in anterior-posterior position
- Differential: ±2 mV full scale, nominal
- High-resolution liquid crystal display with backlight
- 2.8” wide x 2.3” high (70 mm x 58 mm)
- 23 mm/s nominal
- 3 second-segments displayed
- Nondiagnostic rhythm monitor 1 Hz to 20 Hz (-3 dB), nominal
- 1.16 cm/mV, nominal
Heart Rate Display
- 30 to 300 bpm, updated each analysis period
Controls and Indicators
- LCD screen: high-resolution, backlighted LCD screen displays ECG and text messages
- on/off button, shock button, options buttons
- connectors socket LED, flashes to indicate socket location. LED is covered when defibrillation pad connector is properly inserted. Shock button LED flashes when defibrillator is armed. Audio speaker: provides prompts. Volume is adjustable via Setup screen.
- Chirps when self-test has failed. Provides various warning beeps during normal use
- status indicator LCD displays device readiness for use. Low battery detection: automatic during daily periodic self-testing.
Low Battery Indicator
- Solid or flashing re X status indicator on front panel; screen display Low Battery or Replace Battery warning, as appropriate
- Type: 12 VDC, 4.2 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide. Capacity: when new, a minimum of 300 shocks or 12 hours operating time at 77° F (25°C)