Physio-Control Lifepak 500 Defibrillator
The LIFEPAK 500 gives you choices in configurations to help make a future rescue easy. For example, depending on the method of CPR you’ve been taught, you can program the device to prompt for pulse checks. You can change the timing of CPR interval in case the «rules» of CPR ever change in the future (again!). You can program an instruction to perform CPR while the AED is charging! Medical professionals can activate an asystole detector, too. Electronically assign a unique device ID to the LIFEPAK 500 so you won’t have to put labels, stickers, or magic marker identifiers on your AED. You can do all of this without the need to buy reconfiguration software packages or computer peripherals. The only optional software you may want to consider is to download post-event patient data from the device if needed.
- Simple 2 or 3 button operation
- Low maintenance
Physio-Control Lifepak 500 Defibrillator Specifications
- Size: 0.2 cm (4.0”). Width: 26.7 cm (10.5”). Depth: 29.5 cm (11.6”) including the handle.
- Weight: Monophasic version – 6.2 lbs (without batteries and electrodes), biphasic version – 5.3 lbs (without batteries or electrodes.
- Input: ECG via QUIK-COMBO or FAST-PATCH® disposable electrodes. Standard placement (anterior – lateral).
- Electrical protection: Input protected against high voltage defibrillator per IEC 60601/EN 60601.
- Waveform: Monophasic pulse (Edmark) per AAMI DF2-1989, 126.96.36.199.1. Biphasic truncated exponential, with voltage and duration compensation for patient impedance.
- Output energy sequence: Monophasic: 200, 200, 360 joules (360 joules thereafter) or 200, 300, 360 joules (360 joules thereafter).
- Biphasic: three levels, user configurable from 200 to 360 joules, delivered (level 1, level 2, level 3, level 3 …).
- Charge time: with a new, non-rechargeable battery pack, or a new fully charged rechargeable battery pack: 200 joules in less than 9 seconds, 360 joules in less than 15 seconds.
- Controls: ON/OFF – turns device power on or off. ANALYZE (optional) – starts ECG analysis. SHOCK – delivers defibrillation energy. Active only when shock advisory system advises defibrillation.
- Clock Ste: Two switches are provided to set the clock.
- Display: two- line, 20-characters per line dot matrix liquid crystal display.
- Low battery indicator: low battery icon: at least 11 discharges remaining with the non-rechargeable battery pack. At least 6 discharges remaining with rechargeable battery pack.
- Service indicator: service icon.
- Displayed messages: messages prompt user through the complete operating sequence.
- Audible tones: Coded tones assist the user through device operation and alert operator of display messages.
- Voice prompts the prompt user through complete operation sequence.
- Type: internal digital memory. Memory capacity: 20 minutes of audio recording (optional). ECG and event log of operator/device
- actions: at least 20 minutes if the unit is configured with audio recording and audio recording setup option is ON. At least 80 minutes if configured with audio recording and setup option is OFF. At least 60 minutes if not configured with audio recording.
- Report type: CODE SUMMARYTM report, Event Log report, and Test Log report. Capacity: 300 Event log events. 30 Test Log device tests (assuming no fault codes).
- Data Review: LIFENET® system compatible.
- Rechargeable SLA Battery Pak – Type: sealed lead-acid, 8V, and 2.5 amp hours.
- Capacity: typical: 59 full discharges or 3 hours of ON time with a new fully charged battery.
- Minimum: 43 full discharges with anew, fully charged battery.
- Battery charge time: 10±1hours. Battery charging limited to +15° to +35°C (+59° to +95°F).
- Recommended replacement interval: 2 years or 200 battery charge/discharge cycles, whichever comes first using recommended battery maintenance procedures.
- Weight: 0.9kg (1.9 lbs).
- Nonrechargeable Lithium Battery Pak – Type: sealed lithium, 12V, and 7.5 amp-hours.
- Capacity: typical: 312 full discharges or 14 hours of ON time.
- Minimum: 230 full discharges with anew battery.
- Shelf life: 5 years (4 years for aircraft use).
- Weight: 0.5 kg (1.2 lbs)