Terumo HX2 Features
The Terumo HX2 temperature management system is a self-contained, dual-channel system for supplying temperature-controlled water to heat exchangers during open-heart surgeries. The channels on the Terumo HX2 heater/cooler unit have equal capability and will operate independently of each other. It features a large water tank to allow ice to be added for faster and more efficient cooling. This Terumo Heater/Cooler system can take either cubed or crushed ice. Water can be supplied from both channels at rates of up to 25 liters per minute with no load connected to the water outlet. The Maximum output pressure in both channels is about 13 PSI.
- 2 independent channels supply temperature-controlled water to arterial and cardioplegia heat exchanges.
- Each touchpad precisely adjusts the mix of water flow between cooling and heating sources in 1° C increments.
- Automatically removes air from the internal and external circulation resulting in fast set-up times.
- Partitions of the ice supply maximize the cooling capability of a channel.
- Drains water from the tank during use without interrupting the water supply to the heat exchangers.
- Small size.
Terumo HX2 Specifications
- Height: 35.5” (90 cm)
- Width: 20.4” (52 cm)
- Depth: 27.8” (71 cm)
- Weight (Tank empty): 188 lbs (85 kg)
- Weight (Tank full): 276 lbs (125 kg)
- Capacity: Water 40 liters (approx.)
- Outlet water temperature setpoint control range: 1-42°C
- Outlet water temperature setpoint resolution: 1°C
- Outlet water temperature setpoint control accuracy: +/- 1°C
- Outlet water temperature display range: 0 – 50°C
- Outlet water temperature display resolution: 0.1°C
- Output water flow maximum at zero head: 25 L/min
- Maximum outlet pressure: 13 PSI
Refurbished Terumo HX2 Heater/Cooler Systems
Soma Tech Intl offers Refurbished Terumo HX2 Heater/Cooler Systems up to 50% below OEM prices with the same service and warranty as new. The Terumo HX2 is not only technically refurbished but also cosmetically refurbished to make it work and look like new. When the refurbishing process starts on the Terumo temperature management system, it is carefully inspected and tested by our own in-house biomedical engineers who are highly skilled and certified to work on heater/cooler units. If necessary, parts are replaced to make sure that all aspects of the heater/coolers are functioning properly. Once everything is in working order, the unit is calibrated back to the original engineering manufacturer’s specifications. This ensures that the unit is working the same way that it originally left the manufacturer. After the Terumo HX2 Heater/Cooler System is working like new it undergoes a special cosmetic restoration process. The Terumo HX2 is cleaned, minor scratches and dents are repaired, it’s painted, and new decals are replaced if necessary. After this strenuous refurbishing process, the unit functions and looks like new. Soma Tech is ISO 13485 certified and ensures that the best quality is given to all capital medical equipment that they sell. Before the Terumo HX2 System is labeled patient-ready and packed up for shipment, it goes through one last quality control test that makes sure all aspects are again working as they should. If you are looking to buy a refurbished HX2 temperature management system contact soma at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-GET-SOMA.
Soma Tech Intl is also actively looking to purchase Terumo HX2s. If you or your facility is looking to sell your Terumo HX2, be sure to contact Soma Tech Intl. Soma has a dedicated and experienced purchasing department that helps you through the entire process. Selling your used or pre-owned Terumo heater/cooler System to Soma Tech takes out the middle man in the equation. This also ensures that your medical facility gets top dollar for your equipment. Soma Tech is 100% HIPPA compliant and makes sure that your equipment gets to our facility in the same condition that it left yours. Soma Tech also gives the option for trade-in credit on your medical equipment. If you have medical equipment you would like to sell to Soma, send us a message here!