Hospira Lifecare PCA3 Features
The Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is an infusion pump with an advanced PCA delivery. The Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is a pole-mounted infusion pump that allows a patient to see-administer analgesia within the perimeters that are programmed into the system. The PCA 3 comes with the Hospira MedNet Software that consists of customizable drug libraries, an integral bar code reader for medication identification of prefilled and custom-filled vials with pharmacy-generated bar codes, multiple medication rule sets for as many as 18 clinical care areas, bar-coded, prefilled medication vials, stored protocols for quick, accurate programming of standing orders and easy-to-use design based on human factors research.
- Wireless connectivity capability that facilitates real-time infusion monitoring, including support of real-time 5-rights verification.
- Confirmation screens and stored protocols that are displayed on intuitive, easy-to-understand programming screens.
- A built-in barcode reader to help confirm the right medication and the right concentration.
- Pre-filled, bar-coded medication vials with colored labels help reduce errors and assure a correct match to the hospital’s medication rule set.
- A clear, easy-to-read numeric keypad that allows direct input of numbers.
Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 Specifications
- Height: 13 in
- Width: 8 in
- Depth: 6 in
- Weight: 10 lbs with battery
- Power Requirements: 105 – 130 Volts. 57 – 63 Hz, <50 W
- Power Cord: Hospital-grade AC cord. 1 O ft long, with transparent plug and retainer plate.
- Fuses: 1.0 A, 350 V, Slow Blowing
- Battery: One sealed, lead-acid, rechargeable B V battery, internal to the device. Accessible for ease of field replacement, with colorcoded leads and polarized connector.
- Battery life: A new battery at full charge should operate for at least 4 hours of continuous operation and deliver at least 30 mL of solution before the LOW BATTERY alarm. PCA3 should provide a LOW BATTERY warning at least 30 minutes prior to shutdown.
- Recharge: After discharge to the LOW BATTERY operative limit, the battery w/11 recharges to at least 80% of Its charge capacity In 16 hours, provided It is plugged Into rated AC power. The Infuser w/11 operates on AC power In the event the battery Is open or shorted.
- Self-Discharge: 50% of the charge is retained for at least one month when the unit Is neither plugged in nor operating.
- Maximum Infusion Pressure: 45 psi
- Occlusion Alarm Pressure: 15 psig ::t5psig
- Occlusion Bolus Volume: 2 mL for fully primed set (max)
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40 ° C, 10″/4 – 90″/4 relative humidity
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C, 10″/4 – 90″/4 relative humidity
- Atmospheric Pressure: 0 – 10,000 feet (0-3,000m) or equivalent pressure
- PCA Only: Approximately 1 mL in 35 seconds
- Continuous Only: Variable from 0.1 x concentration to 20 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr)
- PCA + Continuous: Variable from 0.1 x concentration to 20 x concentration (mg/hr or mcg/hr)
- Lockout Interval Range: 5 to 120 minutes in one-minute increments
Refurbished The Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 Infusion Pump
Soma Tech Intl offers the Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 Infusion Pumps up to 50% below OEM prices with the same service and warranty as new. The Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is not only technically refurbished but also cosmetically refurbished to make it work and look like new. When the refurbishing process starts on the Hospira Lifecare PCA 3, it is carefully inspected and tested by our own in-house biomedical engineers who are highly skilled and certified to work on infusion pumps. If necessary, parts are replaced to make sure that all aspects of the Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 are to the original engineering manufacturer’s specifications. This ensures that the unit is working the same way that it originally left the manufacturer. After the Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is working like new it undergoes a special cosmetic restoration process. The Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is cleaned, minor scratches and dents are repaired, it’s painted, and new decals are replaced if necessary. After this strenuous refurbishing process, the unit functions and looks like new. Soma Tech Intl is ISO 13485 certified and ensures that the best quality is given to all capital medical equipment that they sell. Before the Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 is labeled patient-ready and packed up for shipment, it goes through one last quality control test that makes sure all aspects are again working as they should. If you are looking to buy a refurbished Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 infusion pump contact soma at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-GET-SOMA.
Soma Tech Intl is actively looking to purchase a Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 If you or your facility is looking to sell your Hospira Lifecare PCA 3, be sure to contact Soma Tech Intl. Soma has a dedicated and experienced purchasing department that helps you through the entire process. Selling your used or pre-owned Hospira Lifecare PCA 3 takes out the middle man in the equation. This also ensures that your medical facility gets top dollar for your equipment. Soma is 100% HIPPA compliant and makes sure that your equipment gets to our facility in the same condition that it left yours. Soma Tech Intl also gives the option for trade-in credit on your medical equipment. If you have medical equipment you would like to sell to Soma, send us a message here!