Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Features
The Alaris® 8000 Point-of-Care (PC) Unit is the core of the Alaris® System and provides a common user interface for programming infusion and monitoring modules. This helps to reduce complexity at the point of care. The Medley Medication Safety System is a modular infusion and monitoring system designed to provide SpO2 monitoring capabilities and accurate, automated infusion of a broad range of intravascular fluids, medications, and blood products.
Customize this unit by adding any of the modules below:
- Alaris 8100 Pump Infusion Pump
- Alaris 8110 Syringe Module Infusion Pump
- Alaris 8120 PCA Module Infusion Pump
- Alaris 8200 SpO2 Module
General Information About IV Therapy
- IV therapy is used to deliver infusion, fluids, medication, or nutrients to patients.
- There are two main types of administration of infusion, volumetric and syringe/PCA.
- These pumps are used when the accuracy of fluid volume to be infused is critical such as in the case of medications used for infusion of drugs for circulatory support.
- Volumetric pumps deliver a given volume of fluid per unit time measured in mL/hour.
- Volumetric pumps can be single or multi-channel. Both types allow for the administration of more than one fluid at a time. Single-channel employs a piggyback method while multi-channel uses separate tubing set up for the administration of multiple medications or fluids
- Syringe pumps are used to administer small volumes of fluids or medications. (1 mL to 60 mL syringe)
- Syringe pumps are an effective way to deliver medication with precision while reducing the chance of human error if the medication were to be administered by a member of the medical staff* (of course human error can occur when inputting data or choosing dose rate over time)
- Like volumetric pumps, syringe pumps can be programmed to deliver the medication over a predetermined time
Refurbished Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series Infusion Pump
Soma Tech Intl offers Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series Infusion Pump up to 50% below OEM prices with the same service and warranty as new. Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series is not only technically refurbished but also cosmetically refurbished to make it work and look like new. When the refurbishing process starts the infusion pump is carefully inspected and tested by our own in-house biomedical engineers who are highly skilled and certified to work on infusion pumps. If necessary, parts are replaced to make sure that all aspects of the infusion pump are functioning properly. Once everything is in working order, the unit is calibrated back to the original engineering manufacturer’s specifications. This ensures that the unit is working the same way that it originally left the manufacturer. After the Carefusion Alaris PCU is working like new it undergoes a special cosmetic restoration process. The Carefusion is cleaned, minor scratches and dents are repaired, it’s painted, and new decals are replaced if necessary. After this strenuous refurbishing process, the Unit functions and looks like new. Soma Tech Intl is ISO 13485 certified and ensures that the best quality is given to all capital medical equipment that they sell. Before the Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series is labeled patient-ready and packed up for shipment, it goes through one last quality control test that makes sure all aspects are again working as they should. If you are looking to buy a refurbished Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series infusion pump contact soma at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-GET-SOMA.
Soma Tech Intl is also actively looking to purchase a Carefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series. If you or your facility is looking to sell your Carefusion infusion pumps, be sure to contact Soma Tech Intl. Soma has a dedicated and experienced purchasing department that helps you through the entire process. Selling your used or pre-ownedCarefusion Alaris PCU BD 8000 Series to Soma Tech Intl takes out the middle man in the equation. This also ensures that your medical facility gets top dollar for your equipment. Soma is 100% HIPPA compliant and makes sure that your equipment gets to our facility in the same condition that it left yours. Soma Tech Intl also gives the option for trade-in credit on your medical equipment. If you have medical equipment you would like to sell to Soma, send us a message here!