Purchasing Guide to Anesthesia MachinesFebruary 1, 2024
Key Considerations Before Buying Anesthesia Machines
By Elijah, Soma Tech Sales Representative
Are you requesting anesthesia machine quotes from refurbished capital equipment vendors? Doing research and asking questions is an important step in the purchasing process. (Don’t forget to ask these very important questions about your equipment and vendor!) Here are some helpful questions to ask vendors when receiving your equipment quotes.
- How many years of industry experience do you have?
- Are you an ISO 13485:2016 certified company?
- Is your equipment FULLY refurbished?
- What is your refurbishment process?
- Do you provide installation?
- Is free Life-time Phone Tech Support included with your purchase?
- Never forget to ask about service/support!
These questions should help you get a better understanding of the vendor you plan to work with and give you business to. This is all very important information when planning the next steps in your purchasing process.
If you’re thinking “What do these questions have to do with my requested equipment!?”
The longer a company has been in business, and successfully in business, the more experience and knowledge they have in helping your facility navigate the purchasing process from start to finish. This process includes dialing in exactly what your facility needs, full equipment refurbishment, handling delivery and installation, and even offering product training. Soma Tech Intly has been refurbishing capital medical equipment for over 30 years and helps your facility through the ENTIRE purchasing process. Soma has extensive product knowledge and provides you with the best fit for your facilities’ requirements.
An ISO 13485:2016 certified company has been vetted to provide quality, safe, and reliable equipment and products and has a strict processing procedure. These companies have structures laid out in every department for efficiency and accuracy. Soma has had this certification for over a decade, and with the requirements and audits becoming more and more scrutinized every year – we have surely earned this certification.
Selecting the Right Anesthesia Machine: A Guide to Making Informed Choices
If your healthcare facility conducts surgical procedures necessitating general anesthesia, the purchase of a conventional anesthesia workstation becomes important. Here are some of the things that you would need to know before selecting an anesthesia machine.
- What gases do you need?
- What ventilation modes do you require?
- What types of scavenging do you need?
- What types of gas supply sources are in your operating room?
- What type of Vaporizers do you need?
- Do you need a low-flow anesthesia machine?
Primarily, it is advisable to assess the integration of the new anesthesia machine with your existing equipment and facility. A thorough examination of compatible vaporizer mounting options is particularly crucial, especially when transitioning between anesthesia machine brands. It’s also important to know whether or not the anesthesiologist is comfortable with electronic gauges or analog ones, and if the anesthesia machine will be used in an MRI environment.
Highlighted Anesthesia Machines: Top 3 Picks from Our Website
- Elegant modern design in a slim, compact frame well suited for constrained environments
- Simple and easy-to-use 15” touchscreen ventilator display
- Intuitive CARESCAPE-inspired user interface for the unified Carestation user experience
- Integrated CARESCAPE Respiratory Module
- Scalable software and hardware features: “Build your own” Carestation
- Advanced ventilation in the operating room
- Enhanced workplace ergonomics
- Flexible workflow support
- Low- and minimal-flow anesthesia tools
- Award-winning design
- Universal ventilation capabilities include a neonatal indication for use
- Manual/spontaneous breathing mode with respiratory monitoring capability
- Ventilation modes include: VCV, PCV with Volume Guarantee, CPAP/Pressure Support, SIMV-VC, SIMV-PC
- Large 15-inch color touchscreen with backup touchpad
- LED lighting with adjustable brightness
- Automatic compliance and fresh gas compensation maintain accurate tidal volumes
Exceptional Service and Unwavering Dependability in Anesthesia Solutions
Soma not only provides excellent solutions for refurbished capital medical equipment but also features a dedicated service department committed to making your concerns our own. Patient safety, comfort, and client satisfaction have been our driving forces for over three decades.
When deciding between new or used equipment, the key is to ensure continuous value for your practice. At Soma, we offer comprehensive coverage for both new and refurbished equipment. Our refurbished medical equipment is offered up to 50% below OEM prices, accompanied by the same service and warranty as new, guaranteeing lasting value on your equipment investments.
For inquiries or to request the mentioned anesthesia machines above, please contact us at 1.800.438.7662 or email us at [email protected]. Our knowledgeable sales representatives are ready to assist you with any further questions.
To recap, when requesting quotes from refurbished capital equipment vendors, it’s crucial to be well-prepared with the right questions to make an informed decision. Consider asking if the vendor is ISO 13485-certified, whether the equipment is used or fully refurbished, the duration of their business operations, and if they provide installation services. Additionally, clarify their process in case the equipment arrives with issues.
The choice of anesthesia systems depends on various factors such as procedure types, patient profile, budget, compatibility with existing systems, staff training, and even space constraints.
We hope this information proves valuable in your search for the right anesthesia machine. Did you find this article helpful? Which of the mentioned anesthesia systems are you most interested in? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!