- GE Venue GO and Sonosite X-Porte Comparison
- Introduction to the GE Venue GO Ultrasound
- GE Venue GO Features
- Introduction to the Sonosite X-Porte Ultrasound
- Sonosite X-Porte Features
- Ultrasound Machine Rental Options
- Final Thought
Unless you’ve ever needed one, most adults haven’t come across an ultrasound machine such as the GE Venue GO or the Sonosite X-Porte system. Those who have been pregnant have had ultrasounds performed to check their babies’ health. When women have breast exams, some may receive a breast sonograph if needed to detect cancers or cysts, and those with heart problems may need to have an echocardiogram done to diagnose heart conditions. For clinicians and medical personnel, it is important to utilize the most effective and intuitive ultrasound machine to ensure the clearest imaging quality and accurate patient data. Continue to read further to learn more about the two highly requested systems – GE Venue GO and Sonosite X-Porte.
GE VENUE GO AND SONOSITE X-PORTE COMPARISON
|Specifications||GE Venue GO||SonoSite X-Porte|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.72 x 16.14 x 13 in (without cart) (12 x 41 x 33 cm)||26.4 x 21.2 x 64 in (monitor up) (67 x 54 x 163 cm)|
|Display Size (LxH)||15 in (38.1 cm)||18.8 x 14.2 in (47.8 x 36 cm)|
|Viewable Area||±80° horizontal viewing angle||19 in (48.3 cm) diagonal|
|Screen Resolution||1680 x 1050|
|Weight||13.22 lbs (6 kg)||162.3 lbs (73.6 kg)|
|Transducers / Probes||
|Supported Language||English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German|
|Operating Temperature||50-104°F (10-40°C)|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Life||Up to 2 hours of continuous scanning with basic configuration||1.0 hour, 3 days on idle, 3-6 years|
|Charge Time||60-120 minutes||90 minutes|
|Power||100-240 VAC, 250-watt, 50-60 frequency||100-240 V, 50-60 Hz (input), 24 VDC output, 275 W max|
INTRODUCTION TO THE GE VENUE GO ULTRASOUND
Whether you need the low profile of a hand-held unit, the portability of a laptop unit, or the processing power of a stand-alone system, GE has an ultrasound system to meet your needs at the point of care. A simple, fast and precise ultrasound for every moment, the GE Venue GO is a portable, AI-enabled ultrasound machine designed for point-of-care and general imaging applications including abdominal, fetal/OB, small organ, MSK, vascular, cardiac, pediatric, and interventional procedures. The Venue GO has a set of next-generation AI-powered tools that automatically calculate patient data for fast triage and confident clinical decisions. What sets it apart is the ease with which it can be mounted on a cart, wall, or horizontal surface, making it the ideal machine for fast-paced and often tightly spaced emergency care environments.
GE VENUE GO FEATURES
Featuring a uniquely adaptable design that goes from cart to table to wall, Venue GO supports point-of-care medicine across clinical needs and physical spaces from MSK to pediatrics and ED to the ICU or OR.
- Cable management transducers on top keep cables off the ground.
- 15” monitor sized for the environment and designed for easy repositioning and simple transport.
- The full-screen mode offers for simple user interface.
- Auto VTI experience up to 82% time savings with this AI-enabled Auto Tool.
- Measure IVC distensibility or collapsibility automatically and accurately with this AI-enabled Auto Tool.
- Lung Sweep rapidly visualizes and provides a dynamic, panoramic view of the entire lung.
- Real-Time EF continuously calculates the real-time ejection fraction during live scanning in apical 4CH view with this AI-enabled Auto Tool.
- Exclusive cradle enables the system to go from cart to table to wall.
- The multipurpose handle makes system height and additional cord management channels easy to adjust.
- Up to 2-hour battery and customizable LED indicators to make sure your system is ready when and where you need it.
INTRODUCTION TO THE SONOSITE X-PORTE ULTRASOUND
SonoSite is traditionally known for its highly durable and highly portable laptop-based ultrasound systems, like the SonoSite M-Turbo and SonoSite Edge II ultrasound systems. However, with SonoSite’s recent shift in specific focus to the point-of-care ultrasound space, like the Sonosite SII, they have decided to get more creative and innovative with their traditional ultrasound system designs. Enter the SonoSite X-Porte, the first stand-alone ultrasound system from SonoSite. The Sonosite X-Porte lightweight ultrasound system is easy-to-use and very accessible for inexperienced ultrasound users. Furthermore, the User Guide provides information on preparing and using the SonoSite X-Porte ultrasound and disinfecting the system and transducers. It also provides system specification, and safety and acoustic output information.
SONOSITE X-PORTE FEATURES
Sonosite X-Porte fluidly brings together an intuitive interface, imaging performance, advanced features, and educational resources in a convenient kiosk design. Optimized workflow is always at your fingertips, even with gloves and a sterile drape. Some of the benefits of the X-Porte includes:
- The large monitor tilts and turns for optimal viewing in a crowded room or for interacting with patients.
- With no buttons, the control panel and monitor may be cleaned and disinfected with ease.
- Can be operated with gloves and a sterile drape.
- High-definition imaging for improved decision-making confidence.
- Streamline workflow with remote worksheets, barcode scanning, and menu customization.
- Real-time learning with 81 onboard tutorials to view instructional videos while performing live scans.
- Modular design and removable engine for easy servicing of components for decreased downtime.
ULTRASOUND MACHINE RENTAL OPTIONS
Here at Soma Tech Intl, we have rental options widely available that allow medical centers to remain within their budget and stay on track with their increased patient census and different healthcare options. The GE Venue GO, Sonosite X-Porte, and other ultrasounds are offered at a fraction of the cost with Soma’s short-term, long-term, or rent-to-own options. If your facility is interested in an ultrasound machine, or any other medical equipment rentals, please contact your local sales representative. Each knowledgeable sales representative can listen to your clinical needs and make recommendations on which machines to rent. For any further inquiries, you can also contact us at 1.800.GET.SOMA or send us an email at [email protected].
The GE Venue GO and Sonosite X-Porte have created a unique opportunity to further accelerate the spread of point-of-care. Healthcare providers, facilities, and health systems that strategically incorporate point-of-care ultrasounds into clinical practice will rapidly distinguish themselves from those who refrain from incorporating this highly valuable modality. What kind of ultrasound systems does your medical facility use? What features do you look for in the ideal ultrasound? Have you ever worked with either the GE Venue GO or Sonosite X-Porte? Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below!