Tuesday Thoughts: What Do You Like to Snack On?
People have a funny relationship with food. Some people swear that eating small meals, more than three times a day keeps them fit. Some other people say that they wouldn’t snack. The reality is that people are going to eat when they want to, or would like to snack.
We are wondering, do you have a favorite thing you like to snack on? Maybe it is junk food; we’ve all been there, when it is easy to reach for a bag of chips, or a cookie. Sometimes you want ice cream to just treat yourself, which is more than fine! Oftentimes however we try to eat healthily. Do you have a favorite snack?
Do you need some inspiration on what to snack on? A good tip is to keep snacks in your office desk, car, or even a purse, especially if you suffer from low blood sugar, or know someone with diabetes.
We have compiled a list of our favorite and most nutritious snacks that will keep you from feeling groggy! If you want to make a lifestyle change, it all starts with taking baby steps.
- Rice crackers with peanut butter
- Cheese cubes – pay attention to serving size
- Apple slices
- Hummus and cucumbers
- Protein bar
- Grapes – in August, cotton candy flavored ones appear in grocery stores
- Cottage cheese
- Celery slices
- Handful of almonds
- Trail mix without the candy
- Hard boiled egg
- Unbuttered popcorn – the butter is what packs on the calories
- Low calorie ice cream – they have a good variety in stores
- Oatmeal – this is slow to digest and releases energy for a long period of time
- Sliced peppers
- Carrots and dip
- Roasted chickpeas
Are any of the snacks on the list ones you enjoy, or eat frequently? Do you have one that wasn’t on the list? Post any of your recipes in the comments below!