We hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Here at Soma, we have a potluck lunch just before the holiday. Soma provides the turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and mac & cheese. Our employees opt to bring in their own home-cooked dishes. Soma has a very diverse background our employees brought in some very tasty treats like hummus, baklava, butternut squash/onion galette, apple pie, tacos, eggs, corn souffle, peas, and jalapeno cheddar spoonbread just to name a few! Do you have a dish from your family that you bring to your Thanksgiving celebrations? Let us know in the comments below. Check out the photos from our lunch below too! Wanna see out Thanksgiving Lunch from last year? Click Here!
Fun Thanksgiving Facts
- There are three towns named Turkey across the United States.
- Many cities have large parades on Thanksgiving day, and one of the largest and most famous parades is the Macy’s Day Parade in New York City.
- The tradition of Thanksgiving started with Pilgrims who settled at Plymouth, Massachusetts. They held a celebration of their harvest in November of 1621.
- Each year since the Presidency of George H. W. Bush it became a tradition for the president to issue a “pardon” to a turkey, sparing its life.
- The Day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday. It’s one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
Top 5 Thanksgiving Foods
- Mashed potatoes
- Green bean casserole
Soma would like to recognize and thank all the emergency and medical services who work on Thanksgiving. We hope you can spend time with your family soon. In observance, Soma will be closed this Thursday and Friday, resuming normal business hours for Monday, 8:30-5:00. Happy Thanksgiving!