Hospira Plum A+ Features
The Hospira Plum A+ is a Volumetric Infusion pump system. It was designed to deliver a variety of infusion drugs. The Plum A+
is a cassette-based infusion system with two lines and one output line – allowing for multi-function infusions. it additionally features a fully automatic drug delivery, concurrent flow along with preferred dosing and delivery rates, variable occlusion pressure, and an optional barcode reader. The Hospira Infusion Pump was designed to deliver parental, enteral, and epidural infusion over a wide rate of infusion rates from a variety of fluid types. The Infusion pump can be used on a wide range of patient types from Neonatal, pediatrics, and adult, in a variety of hospital settings, intensive care, operating rooms, emergency, and recovery, along with others. Another cassette-based infusion pump is the Hospira Plum 360.
- Confidence that the system is properly programmed comes from the clear, easy-to-read display
that provides all of the dosing parameters on a single screen. Mandatory confirmation screens help
clinicians to avoid medication errors.
- Clinicians can choose from a variety of programming options
- Automated piggyback delivery
- Automated concurrent delivery
- Programmable standby settings
- Multistep delivery
- Loading dose automation
- Programmable delayed starts
Hospira Plum A+ Specifications
- Height: 8 in
- Width: 8 in
- Depth: 6 in
- Weight: 9.5 lb with battery
- Power Requirements: 1120 V-, 50-60 Hz, 35 VA
- Fuses: F1, F2, 250V~, 0.5 A (internal)
- Power Cord: Hospital-grade AC cord. 10 ft long, with transparent plug and retainer plate.
- Battery: One sealed, lead-acid, rechargeable 6 V battery, internal to the device.
- Battery life: with a new fully charged battery, the infuser shall operate for a minimum of six hours at 125 mL/hr or less, or deliver 500 mL at 126 mL/hr or greater on one line.
- Recharge: The battery charges whenever the Plum A+ is connected to AC power. The recharge time is approximately six hours with the device operating at 125 mL/hr on one line.
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 40 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 60 degrees C
- 0 – 10,000 feet (0 – 3,000 m) or equivalent pressure
- Relative Humidity: 10 – 90% (40 degrees C Max)
Delivery Rate Range
- Line A and B: 0.1 – 99.9 mL/hr (in 0.1mL increments) 100 – 999 mL/hr (in mL increments)
- Concurrent delivery: 0.5 mL/hr minimum for each line
- Plus, Set: 500 mL/hr cumulate (A+B) Maximum
- KVO: 1.0 mL/hr or the last primary delivery rate, whichever is less
- Dose Calculation
- Loading Dose
- Multi-step programming
- Anti free-flow protection
- Direct connection for syringe delivery
Refurbished Hospira plum A+ infusion pump System
Soma Tech Intl offers Refurbished Hospira Plum A+ Infusion Pump up to 50% below OEM prices with the same service and warranty as new. The Hospira Infusion Pump is not only technically refurbished but also cosmetically refurbished to make it work and look new. When the refurbishing process starts on the Hospira the infusion pump system is carefully inspected and tested by our own in-house biomedical engineers who are highly skilled and certified to work on the Hospira Plum A+ infusion pump. If necessary, parts are replaced to make sure that all aspects of the pump are functioning properly. Once everything is in working order, the unit is calibrated back to the original engineering manufacturer’s specifications. This ensures that the unit is working the same way that it originally left the manufacturer. After the Hospira Plum A+ infusion pump system is working like new it undergoes a special cosmetic restoration process. The Infusion Pump is cleaned, minor scratches and dents are repaired, it’s painted, and new decals are replaced if necessary. After this strenuous refurbishing process, the infant warmer functions and looks like new. Soma Technology is ISO 13485 certified and ensures that the best quality is given to all capital medical equipment that they sell. Before the Infusion Pump is labeled patient-ready and packed up for shipment, it goes through one last quality control test that makes sure all aspects are again working as they should. If you are looking to buy a refurbished Hospira Plum A+ infusion pump contact soma at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-GET-SOMA.
Soma Tech Intl is also actively looking to purchase a Hospira Plum A+. If you or your facility is looking to sell your Hospira, be sure to contact Soma Tech Intl. Soma has a dedicated and experienced purchasing department that helps you through the entire process. Selling your used or pre-owned Hospira Plum Infusion Pump to Soma Tech takes out the middle man in the equation. This also ensures that your medical facility gets top dollar for your equipment. Soma Tech is 100% HIPPA compliant and makes sure that your equipment gets to our facility in the same condition that it left yours. Soma Tech also gives the option for trade-in credit on your medical equipment. If you have medical equipment you would like to sell to Soma, send us a message here!